Changes Coming to WorkBC Employment Services
Posted on March 25, 2019
Beginning April 1, 2019, WorkBC will offer better services for people who need support to re-enter the workforce, access training opportunities and find good jobs. The services people count on will continue to be available, with enhanced supports that include:
- A better focus on helping you find and sustain employment.
- Help to find a better job if your hours are unstable, or if the work is not in line with your skills.
- Expanded eligibility for specialized WorkBC services if you have paid into employment insurance (EI) for five of the last 10 years.
- WorkBC Employment Services offer employment services and supports through 103 WorkBC Centres across the province and online through WorkBC.ca .
- WorkBC Apprentice Services provide financial supports to Apprentices in training.
- WorkBC Assistive Technology Services offers adaptive technology to help people with disabilities pursue employment opportunities.
WorkBC Employment Services will be accessible from your home computer or smart phone through the Online Employment Services (OES) portal (located at www.WorkBC.ca ). Effective April 1, 2019, you are are required to have OES account in order to receive WorkBC Employment Services. OES registration will provide you with access to your important case information (such as financial supports), and the ability to share information with your WorkBC Centre staff. To make sure you have access, contact your WorkBC Centre today.